Tuesday 1 October 2013

Pakistani Press Hafiz From Shiraz

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Briglatif" <briglatif@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Aug 23, 2013 11:49 PM
Subject: Pakistani Press Hafiz From Shiraz
To:






Get Inspired it's absolutely lovely 
 
I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in the darkness,
The Astonishing LightOf your own Being! Hafiz

(a poem by Hafiz, 1320 c.e to 1389)

I have learned so much from God
That I can no longer call myself
a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Jew.
The Truth has shared so much of Itself with me
That I can no longer call myself
a man, a woman, an angel, or even a pure soul.
Love has befriended Hafiz.
It has turned to ash and freed me
Of every concept and image my mind has ever known.


 
Mausoleum of Hafiz in Shiraz, Iran

Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."
Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.
Hafiz




The Canopy with Intricate design  and  verses of Quran over Hafiz's Tomb.
Shiraz, Iran

One regret, dear world,That I am determined not to haveWhen I am lying on my deathbedIs that
I did not kiss you enough. 
Hafiz

The Beloved sometimes wants 
To do us a great favor: 
Hold us upside down 
And shake all the nonsense out. 
Hafiz

Everyone
Is God speaking.
Why not be polite and
Listen to Him? 
Hafiz

                                         


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Pakistani Press" group.
To post to this group, send email to pakistanipress@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
pakistanipress+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/pakistanipress?hl=en?hl=en
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pakistani Press" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pakistanipress+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment